LAN Party Info
The LAN Party starts at 9:00am Saturday morning, and finishes when the last person goes home. Arrive any time after 9:00!
- PC (laptop preferred due to space restrictions). Pentium III 1GHz or better running Window XP or later recommended (If you can, have all of the games, patches and mods pre-installed and tested before you arrive. This will save heaps of trouble, as well as get you into the games quicker and with less frustration!)
- Monitor (flat preferred if not bringing a laptop), Mouse & mousepad
- Headphones. Best to bring headphones. Speakers take up valuable desktop realestate, plus headphones give much better directional queues so you know exactly where that rocket is coming from.
- All connecting cables and power cables
- Ethernet n/w card enabled with TCP/IP protocol enabled. Set your computer to Obtain an IP address automatically.
- Patchlead for above. I have a few spares
- Powerboard. I have a couple of spares. Hope the circuit breakers hold...
- Game CDs
- Your own food and snacks. Some snacks and non alcoholic drinks provided. We have a BBQ for your use, so bring meat & salads if you wish for dinner. A Pizza run is a popular option.
- A friend with a PC. The more people to kill, the better ;^)
If anybody has a switch or hub please bring them along, I'm a little short.
Quake 3 & Counter Strike servers will be running throughout the day, so everybody can play what they like when they like.
A file server will also be running with latest versions of game updates and patches, as well as maps, etc.